This is a full-time, remote position. We will only review applications from qualified candidates located in and eligible to work in the United States.
Firefly is looking for a skilled, support-focused Web Developer to join our team in providing efficient troubleshooting and creative digital solutions for our clients.
WordPress is our CMS of choice, and you will bring a thorough understanding of WordPress development standards and best practices to this role. At the same time, you’ll exhibit a willingness to learn about and jump into the other platforms and tools that our nonprofit clients use regularly (such as Luminate Online, Engaging Networks, and Google Analytics).
You’re comfortable jumping in to code you didn’t create, you welcome not knowing what they day holds, and you excel at doing good work even when priorities change throughout the day.
As a Support Developer, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Continuously maintaining and securing our clients’ custom WordPress themes and the occasional premium themes;
- Troubleshooting issues in WordPress, Google Analytics, and a variety of third-party tools;
- Developing layouts and implementing solutions that enhance our clients’ WordPress websites and online tools
- Moving between multiple requests and tasks each day and completing each efficiently and effectively;
- Interacting regularly with clients, providing training and clear documentation on how to maintain their websites, forms, events, and integrations;
- Collaborating closely with our support and project managers, developers, and designers to deliver high-quality solutions to our clients;
- Pitching in on elements of larger development projects when support requests are slow.
We expect you to have the following skills and expertise:
- Two or more years working in a client-facing support role;
- Two or more years of experience building or assisting with the maintenance of well-organized, custom WordPress themes that rely heavily on custom fields, custom post types, and well-organized theme functions;
- Understanding of security best practices, including when and how to use WordPress function to validate, sanitize and escape data;
- Implementing plugins when plugins are ideal (and knowing when they aren’t);
- Using Git in a team environment
- Experience with Google Analytics and Tag Manager
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in nonprofit software. The majority of our nonprofit work is in Luminate Online, but we also develop in Engaging Networks, Classy, and other platforms that our clients use.
- Work experience in a fast-paced agency environment
- Experience working with third-party APIs
All candidates must submit a portfolio of past projects with code samples or GitHub/BitBucket links.
How to Apply: If you’re interested in this position, please submit an application with a cover letter and resume. Make sure you tell us why you’re the right person for this role and for our company. (Hearing this from you is really important to us!)
The salary range for this position is in the high-50s to 60s, depending on experience. Firefly offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Paid time off including 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick time annually (pro-rated based on start date)
- Ability to earn additional paid vacation based on length of employment
- PPO and HSA healthcare plans with dental and vision options
- Significant contributions to health insurance premiums
- Employer-paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance policies
- Ability to participate in company 401(k) plan
- 10 company holidays annually
- Complete office setup to do your best work from your home office
- Continuing education and training opportunities
Firefly Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all its forms and aim to create an inclusive culture. Firefly encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other status protected by law.
We contact candidates about open positions via an HR software tool (BambooHR). Please whitelist email@example.com to keep us out of your spam!