This is a full-time, remote position. We will only review applications from qualified candidates located in and eligible to work in the United States.
Firefly is looking for an experienced, motivated professional who is passionate about progressive causes to lead our Client Services Team.
What We're Seeking
If you’re skilled at working with clients to understand their goals and working with teams to deliver digital solutions to meet those identified needs, then we want to hear from you! You must enjoy working collaboratively with clients and team members, demonstrate capacity for leading and managing a remote team, and bring a passion for staying up-to-date on digital marketing and nonprofit technology trends.
In this role, you will lead, manage, and hold the Client Services Team and professional services subcontractors accountable for client-focused solutions and quality work. You will set the direction and establish standards and processes for delivering high-quality professional services to our clients and will determine staffing assignments for client engagements. In addition, you will also be responsible for account management activities, soliciting and assessing client feedback and incorporating that feedback into Firefly planning and processes where appropriate. Finally, you will have the opportunity to help provide strategic direction for an array of client engagements.
As Client Services Director, you will also sit on Firefly’s Leadership Team and be a key voice in all business decisions and in helping to set the strategic direction of the company. The Firefly Leadership Team meets quarterly in person to set key financial milestones and decide on which internal projects need to be prioritized.
Finally, the Client Services Director will also work closely with the Director of Sales and Business Development to win new business and expand our services into target markets. As the member of the team most responsible for successful client outcomes and nurturing client relationships, we expect that you will be comfortable presenting at conferences, going on site to pitch to prospective clients, and assisting with the writing and finalizing of estimates and proposals with the goal of ensuring that Firefly’s services and solutions produce outstanding results and outcomes for our clients.
In this role, we expect you to bring the following qualities:
- Demonstrated experience leading, managing, and holding a remote team accountable for results in their functional area
- A knack for developing long-term client relationships and maintaining overall client satisfaction
- Understanding of web design + development, nonprofit technology, digital strategy, and project management best practices and ability to define and establish standard processes for each
- Familiarity with resource allocation and budget forecasting
Some of What You’ll Do
- Supervise the Client Services team, mentoring all team members in issue identification, problem solving, and professional growth. Clearly and consistently communicate Firefly’s vision to the Client Services team.
- Carry out day-to-day management tasks including, but not limited to, communicating expectations; maintaining a regular flow of information through both written communication and regular check-in calls; providing clear and consistent feedback; and carrying out performance assessments, corrective action processes, and termination policies as needed.
- Lead on the vetting, hiring, and onboarding of all Client Services staff and subcontractors and regularly evaluate and provide feedback on the deliverables being turned over to Firefly’s clients and partners.
- Hold the members of the Client Services team accountable for producing high-quality work and an exceptional client experience, ensuring project teams are delivering on time and within approved budgets.
- Initiate and facilitate conversations with clients regarding high-level organizational goals and solicit client feedback throughout client engagements, assessing that feedback, identifying trends, and incorporating into Firefly’s standards and processes where appropriate.
- Act as the first point of escalation in instances where a client issue cannot be effectively solved by project team members or where a client requests escalation.
- Establish and maintain accurate internal documentation reflecting Firefly’s standards and processes for providing clients high-quality deliverables and an engagement experience that reflects Firefly’s core values. Work closely with all members of the Client Services team to regularly assess and improve Firefly’s service delivery processes.
- Bring strategic project management expertise to a variety of client engagements, providing clear and appropriate guidance to Client Services team members who are implementing the tactics and deliverables that ensure strategic goals are executed efficiently and effectively.
- Stay apprised of issues that may affect the digital engagement efforts of nonprofit organizations. Analyze and communicate how those issues or changes will impact Firefly’s clients and/or Firefly’s standard processes and best practices.
- Determine appropriate staffing assignments for all client engagements and ensure effective high-level resource management that draws on the expertise of both full-time employees and subcontractors.
- In collaboration with the sales team, and project teams where necessary, assess prospective client needs based on the information available and make recommendations for meeting stated goals.
The Experience You’ll Bring
- At least three years of progressive leadership experience in a fast-paced agency environment
- Demonstrated ability to establish plans and oversee the execution of these plans within a cross functional team
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Three to five years’ experience working with or for nonprofit organizations
- At least three years of hands-on experience working in nonprofit marketing tools, open source CMS software, or nonprofit database tools
Firefly Partners is a women-owned digital marketing agency delivering tailored digital solutions that help progressive nonprofits achieve their goals. We design beautiful websites, integrate platforms, and leverage digital tools and marketing strategies to engage every organization’s unique set of supporters. Our commitment to social good is matched by an open, collaborative, and client-first approach. We define needs, design solutions, and deliver results that help organizations reach their goals.
What We Offer:
The starting salary for this position is mid-$80k depending on experience. Firefly offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Paid time off including 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick time annually (pro-rated based on start date)
- PPO and HSA healthcare plans with dental and vision options
- Generous company contribution to healthcare premiums
- Employer-paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance policies
- Ability to participate in company 401(k) plan
- 10 company holidays annually
- Complete office setup to do your best work from your home office, including a stipend to cover internet costs
- Continuing education and training opportunities
How to Apply: If you're interested in this position, please submit an application with cover letter and resume.
Firefly Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all its forms and aim to create an inclusive culture. Firefly encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other status protected by law.