Firefly Partners Job Description
Accessibility Focused UI/UX Design Lead (Freelance- remote, high possibility of Full Time)
- Do you love the entire design process, from defining an initial design strategy to crafting high-fidelity design assets and scalable design systems?
- Can you design web interfaces that are equally beautiful and functional?
- Do you understand all the design considerations that are necessary for the web?
- Do you design with accessibility in mind? Is representation important to your work?
- Are you fluent in the entire suite of Adobe tools + InVision?
- Do you want to help us change the world?
If you answered yes to the above questions, you might be a good fit and we’d love to talk to you!
Firefly is looking for someone with a unique skill set that encompasses both the creative discovery and design aspects of our projects. We need someone who’s comfortable being the design lead and running a multitude of activities around UX/UI, from initial design discovery activities (i.e. IA, wireframing, style tiles, etc.) to crafting high-fidelity designs that meet the creative and accessibility needs of our clients.
What We're Seeking
As a UI/UX Designer with Firefly Partners you will use your exceptional web design skills to create WCAG 2.1 AA+ accessible websites, digital campaign materials, social media, email templates, and other web-based assets for our nonprofit clients. You will lead creative discovery sessions that will invigorate and energize our clients and keep them continually engaged throughout the design process. You’ll provide innovative and inspired designs from preliminary mock-ups to launch ready assets that deliver on the defined strategy and goals detailed in our projects. You’ll stay abreast of emerging web technologies and design best practices. You will also maintain the Firefly brand on all marketing materials and ongoing communication with our clients.
Firefly is a virtual team that works from home offices across the country so you will need to have the ability to be self-driven and work well independently from home. Position is currently for a projected need of 30-60 hours a month, as a 1099 subcontractor and has a strong possibility of adjusting to a full-time salaried placement based on evolving company/project needs.
Some of What You’ll Do:
- Work with production team (PMs, strategists, developers, etc.) on a wide variety of websites and online marketing projects to deliver consistently high-quality, and accessible design assets and results to our clients.
- Act as creative lead for Firefly Partners and our clients by driving the design process and outcomes towards meaningful and impactful change.
- Effectively review and implement feedback from our clients, with limited direction and strategic use of additional internal/external Firefly Partners resources.
- Conduct usability testing on prototypes, when necessary.
- Work with our accessibility testing partners to mitigate design issues.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned - including design support work on a variety of platforms and applications.
- Potential leadership and mentoring of other designers
- Fluent in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Canva/InVision.
- Expert in website and online engagement design + vast knowledge of Universal design best practices.
- Experience branding, wireframing, designing, building and maintaining sites of all sizes.
- Strong knowledge of design principles, typography, user interfaces, web standards, usability, and accessibility.
- Strong background of discovery, and discovery activities like user journey mapping, audience building, empathy mapping, etc.
- General understanding in the areas of CRM and CMS application system design and development - understand Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
- Knowledge in WordPress
- Knowledge of accessibility needs in design and functionality
- A portfolio demonstrating excellent visual design with accessibility features in mind, and storytelling skills across digital/web channels.
- Effectively communicate final design functionality to client and/or client’s end-users and help them understand the design decisions; may also be asked to help develop resource material for specific projects.
- Perform well under pressure, adapt to change, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Manage multiple projects and simultaneous tasks to completion, develops and maintains positive working relationships; and promotes teamwork with an emphasis towards problem resolution.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, emerging standards and competitor products.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community, as well as internally with Firefly staff.
- You are authentic, curious, and willing to do the right thing to nail every project with personal pride (we live by these values at Firefly Partners).
- You are passionate about bringing diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility to the world.
- Previous nonprofit organization experience highly desirable.
- A background in using accessibility testing tools to assist you in your design process.
The Experience You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years of UI/UX design experience for digital/web
- 3+ years of professional Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator experience
Firefly Partners is a women-owned digital marketing agency delivering tailored digital solutions that help social good orgs achieve their goals. We design beautiful, accessible websites, integrate inclusive platforms, and leverage digital tools and marketing strategies to engage every organization’s unique set of supporters. Our commitment to social good is matched by an open, collaborative, and client-first approach. We define needs, design solutions with an eye on inclusive accessibility, and deliver results that help organizations reach their goals.
Firefly Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all its forms and aim to create an inclusive culture. Firefly encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, disability, hair texture, veteran status, or other status protected by law. We are fierce advocates for equity in the workforce.
Type: Part time- freelance contract work; potential for a $80K+/year salaried position. Firefly offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience plus benefits. Salaried position comes with full benefits including health care, vision, dental, 401K, PTO. holidays, etc. We have a very comprehensive package to offer.
To Apply: Please apply with a portfolio link through BambooHR. Or submit resume + cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - tell us why you want to become a Firefly!