Firefly Partners Job Description
Senior Project Manager
As Senior Project Manager at Firefly Partners, this person will manage the budget, timeline, scope, and deliverables of multiple projects and support contracts simultaneously. This person manages change within projects with a focus on client satisfaction. The Senior Project Manager builds strong, collaborative relationships with clients and maintains those relationships over time. Working closely with designers, developers, digital strategists, and production specialists, the Senior Project Manager ensures what is delivered to clients is of the highest quality. This person assesses client and team needs and proactively develops effective solutions to meet those needs. The Senior Project Manager leads clients to think strategically, developing results-oriented project plans to achieve the goals of the project. This person stays abreast of digital marketing trends that affect nonprofits and applies that knowledge to their daily work. This person naturally provides support, coaching, and mentorship to other project managers and shares their knowledge with the broader team. We strongly prefer some exposure to working for or with nonprofits.
What We're Seeking
This position is responsible for the following areas:
- Establishing, maintaining and executing Firefly’s project management processes
- Staying apprised of and analyzing digital trends and technologies
- Developing and maintaining positive and long-term client relationships
- Creating and managing budgets, scopes, and timelines
- Managing multiple resources that contribute to a project and ensuring on-time delivery of client requests
The person in this role must consistently demonstrate Firefly’s core values:
- A willingness to do the right thing
- Nailing it – producing high-quality work and client-focused solutions
Some of What You’ll Do:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create and manage budget, timeline, scope, and deliverables for multiple client projects simultaneously.
- Manage changes to client budgets, timelines, and scopes using established Firefly processes and with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Builds strong, collaborative relationships with clients and maintains those relationships over time. Develop communication styles and methods to build trust among clients and partners.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, digital specialists, and production specialists to establish a plan of deliverables that are of the highest quality.
- Proactively recognize and assess client and team needs and prepare potential solutions to meet those needs. Where necessary, lead on the documentation and implementation of solutions.
- Empower clients to think strategically, developing results-oriented project plans to achieve their goals in the areas of website design and development, communication, fundraising, events, and other relevant digital marketing areas.
- Stay abreast of digital marketing trends. Apply that knowledge to daily work and proactively share that knowledge with other team members.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, and account management team members to craft compelling stories that promote Firefly’s work to prospective and current clients to engage new and re-engage existing clients.
- Work with Services team to create and maintain resources that establish consistency and efficiencies in Firefly’s project management processes such as client intake worksheets, bi-weekly project progress reports, and QA checklists.
- Provide support to other Firefly project managers, particularly as it relates to best practices in project management and client satisfaction.
- Assist in the onboarding of new project managers by mentoring, having new team members ride-along on projects, shadowing on projects, and providing timely feedback.
- Demonstrated history of PM tool usage. Accelo and TeamworkPM strongly preferred.
- Experience coordinating and managing the branding, design, build, and maintenance of websites of all sizes.
- Strong knowledge of design principles, web standards, usability, and accessibility.
- Experience using WordPress strongly preferred.
- Strong competencies in Microsoft and Adobe suites.
- Prior experience with Hubspot CRM a plus.
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to Continuous Learning and Adapting to Change
- Proactive, Clear Communicator
- Customer/Client Focus
- Collaborative Approach to Problem Solving
- Ability to Analyze Information Quickly and Accurately
- Ability to Work Independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community, as well as internally with Firefly staff.
- You are authentic, curious, and willing to do the right thing to nail every project with personal pride (we live by these values at Firefly Partners).
- Previous nonprofit organiza
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires occasional travel, both local and throughout the United States.
The Experience You’ll Bring:
- A minimum of four years of digital project management experience, preferably at an agency or mid-size to large nonprofit.
- Demonstrated ability to establish project plans and oversee the execution of these plans within a cross functional team.
- Experience managing multiple resources across different projects and managing the on budget and on time delivery of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience working in nonprofit marketing tools, open source CMS platforms, or nonprofit database tools.
Firefly Partners is a women-owned digital marketing agency delivering tailored digital solutions that help progressive nonprofits achieve their goals. We design beautiful websites, integrate platforms, and leverage digital tools and marketing strategies to engage every organization’s unique set of supporters. Our commitment to social good is matched by an open, collaborative, and client-first approach. We define needs, design solutions, and deliver results that help organizations reach their goals.
Firefly Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all its forms and aim to create an inclusive culture. Firefly encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other status protected by law. We are advocates for equity in the workforce.
Type: Full Time Exempt. Firefly offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience plus benefits.
To Apply: Please apply via BambooHR, and a cover letter must be included. Tell us about why you would like to work for Firefly!