Firefly Partners Job Description
Senior Digital Strategist (Remote- US Only)
Firefly Partners is looking for someone with a unique skill set as Senior Digital Strategist. This person works with clients to understand their business objectives and identify related digital needs, goals, opportunities, and challenges. This role develops results-focused digital marketing strategies for clients and manages associated budgets, timelines, and scopes of work as needed. This person builds strong, collaborative relationships with clients and maintains those relationships over time. Working closely with designers, developers, and digital marketing specialists, the Senior Digital Strategist ensures what is delivered to clients is of the highest quality. This person stays abreast of digital marketing and nonprofit technology trends that may affect Firefly’s clients and proactively shares information both internally and externally.
What We're Seeking
Firefly is a virtual team that works from home offices across the country so you will need to have the ability to be self-driven and work well independently from home. Position is currently for a full-time salaried placement based on evolving company/project needs.
This position is responsible for the following areas:
- Establishing and maintaining the digital marketing processes
- Staying apprised of and analyzing digital marketing trends and technologies
- Developing and executing results-focused digital marketing strategies for clients
- Developing and maintaining long-term client relationships
- Managing budgets, scopes, billing notations, and timelines as needed
Some of What You’ll Do:
- Facilitate strategic planning and discovery sessions with clients to identify their digital needs, goals, opportunities, and challenges. Holistically evaluate both online and offline business objectives for clients. Help cross-functional teams develop solutions that are true to the organization’s brand, goals, and supporter needs.
- Develop strategic plans and tactical campaigns. Align client and Firefly resources, as needed, to meet established digital goals.
- Establish processes for measuring and evaluating the success of individual campaigns as well as strategic plans. Evaluate the results of campaigns and appropriately present results and recommendations to clients and internally.
- Act as Project Manager for a set of client projects or support engagements. Manage budget, timeline, scope, and deliverables for those engagements. Manage changes to client budgets, timelines, and scopes using established Firefly processes and with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with clients and maintain those relationships over time. Adapt communication styles and methods to build trust among clients and partners.
- Collaborate with project managers, designers, developers, production specialists, and other subject matter experts to produce deliverables that are of the highest quality.
- Proactively recognize and assess client and team needs and prepare potential solutions to meet those needs. Where necessary, lead on the documentation and implementation of solutions.
- Empower clients to think strategically, developing results-oriented project plans to achieve their goals in the areas of website design and development, communication, fundraising, events, and other areas of digital marketing.
- Stay abreast of digital marketing trends and technologies that affect nonprofits. Ensure that the knowledge and any appropriate actions are regularly shared with other team members. Apply relevant knowledge to current and potential client engagements.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, and account management team members to craft compelling stories that promote Firefly’s work to prospective and current clients.
- Project Management software experience (such as Accelo)
- Microsoft 365 proficient; some exposure and understanding of the Adobe creative suite is preferred
- Basic knowledge of WordPress websites a big plus
- Experience running Google Ads, Facebook Ads, SEO, and knowledge of advanced Google Analytics
- Commitment to Continuous Learning and Adapting to Change
- Ability to Uncover and Analyze Information Quickly and Accurately
- Proactive, Clear Communicator
- Ability to Influence Others and Gain Buy-in
- Collaborative Approach to Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
- Customer/Client Focus
- Ability to Work Independently
The Experience You’ll Bring:
- A minimum of three years of digital marketing program or project management experience, preferably at an agency or large nonprofit
- Experience developing high level digital strategies designed to meet stated client goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to establish project plans and oversee the execution of these plans within a cross functional team
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience working in nonprofit marketing tools, open source CMS platforms, or nonprofit database tools
This position requires occasional travel, both local and throughout the United States.
Firefly Partners is a women-owned digital marketing agency delivering tailored digital solutions that help progressive nonprofits achieve their goals. We design beautiful websites, integrate platforms, and leverage digital tools and marketing strategies to engage every organization’s unique set of supporters. Our commitment to social good is matched by an open, collaborative, and client-first approach. We define needs, design solutions, and deliver results that help organizations reach their goals.
Firefly Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all its forms and aim to create an inclusive culture. Firefly encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other status protected by law. We are advocates for equity in the workforce and justice for the underrepresented.
Type: Exempt salaried position. Firefly offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience plus benefits including a generous contribution to health care, dental, vision, HSA, and 401K packages. We also offer PTO and sick days that renew each year, full tech setups, and monthly internet stipends.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to our BambooHR opening. A cover letter is important to us so please tell us why you’d like to work at Firefly!