Firefly Partners Job Description
Creative Lead + Brand Strategist (Remote- US Only)
Firefly Partners is looking for someone with a unique skill set as Creative Lead + Brand Strategist for projects working with non-profit and social impact clients. This person works with clients to understand their business objectives and identify related digital needs, brand goals, opportunities, and accessibility challenges.
In this position you will be collaborating within our internal team, as well as with contractors to create and maintain a cohesive brand strategy both for our clients, as well as our organization. Your strategy will strengthen and compliment SEO and digital marketing plans our team creates.
This person builds strong, collaborative relationships with clients and maintains those relationships over time. Working closely with designers, developers, and digital marketing specialists, the Brand Strategist ensures what is delivered to clients is of the highest quality. The Creative Lead + Brand Strategist will be tasked with helping clients stand out online as well as creating an inclusive, accessible digital environment.
What We're Seeking
Firefly is a virtual team that works from home offices across the country so you will need to have the ability to be self-driven and work well independently from home. Position is currently for a full-time salaried placement based on evolving company/project needs.
This position is responsible for the following areas:
- Establishing and maintaining the digital branding processes
- Managing the vision of a client’s brand, as well as Firefly’s organizational identity
- Staying apprised of and analyzing digital marketing trends and technologies
- Developing and executing results-focused digital brand strategies for clients
- Developing and maintaining long-term client relationships
- Leading the creative oversight of WordPress websites and branded items for both clients and Firefly Partners
The person in this role must consistently demonstrate Firefly’s core values:
- A willingness to do the right thing
- Nailing it – producing high-quality work and client-focused solutions
- Commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Some of What You’ll Do:
- Facilitate strategic planning and discovery sessions with clients to identify their digital needs, target audiences, tones, opportunities, and challenges. Holistically evaluate both online and offline business objectives for clients. Help cross-functional teams develop solutions that are true to the organization’s brand, goals, and supporter needs.
- Develop strategic plans and tactical campaigns. Align client and Firefly resources including contractors, as needed, to meet established digital branding goals.
- Establish processes for measuring and evaluating the success of individual campaigns as well as strategic plans. Evaluate the results of campaigns and appropriately present results and recommendations to clients and internally.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with clients and maintain those relationships over time. Adapt communication styles and methods to build trust among clients and partners.
- Collaborate with project managers, designers, developers, production specialists, and other subject matter experts to produce deliverables that are of the highest quality. Maintaining consistent branding across all platforms.
- Proactively recognize and assess client and team needs and prepare potential solutions to meet those needs. Use your insight and design background to turn client needs into actionable solutions.
- Empower clients to think strategically, developing results-oriented project plans to achieve their goals in the areas of website design and development, communication, fundraising, events, and other areas of digital marketing and brand guidance.
- Stay abreast of digital marketing trends and technologies that affect nonprofits. Ensure that the knowledge and any appropriate actions are regularly shared with other team members. Apply relevant knowledge to current and potential client engagements.
- When needed, stepping in to help create logos and designed items that reflect the client branding strategy and goals.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, and account management team members to craft compelling stories that promote Firefly’s work to prospective and current clients.
- Maintaining consistent branding and creating guidelines for Firefly Partner’s internal organizational needs.
- Project Management software experience (such as Accelo)
- Microsoft 365, Google Suite, and Smartsheet proficient
- Basic knowledge of WordPress websites, and SEM
- A design background and a working knowledge of InVision and Adobe products
- A keen eye for art direction and selection of designers to suit client narratives
- Preferred certification in WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility
- Commitment to Continuous Learning and Adapting to Change
- Ability to Uncover and Analyze Information Quickly and Accurately
- Proactive, Clear Communicator
- Ability to Influence Others and Gain Buy-in
- Collaborative Approach to Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
- Customer/Client Focus
- Ability to Work Independently
- Keen eye for accessibility and equity in design
The Experience You’ll Bring:
- A minimum of three years of design and branding work
- One to five years’ experience working with or for nonprofit organizations
- Demonstrated ability to establish plans and oversee the implementation of these plans within a cross functional team
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience working in InVision, Figma, and WordPress
This position requires occasional travel, both local and throughout the United States.
Firefly Partners is a women-owned digital marketing agency delivering tailored digital solutions that help mission-driven organizations achieve their goals. We design beautiful, accessible websites, integrate platforms, and leverage digital tools and marketing strategies to engage every organization’s unique set of supporters. Our commitment to social good is matched by an open, collaborative, and client-first approach. We define needs, design solutions, and deliver results that help organizations reach their goals.
Firefly Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all its forms and aim to create an inclusive culture. Firefly encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other status protected by law. We are fierce advocates for equity in the workforce, and justice for the underrepresented.
Type: Exempt salaried position $63K-$75K. Firefly offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience plus benefits including a generous contribution to health care, dental, vision, HSA, and 401K packages. PTO and sick days that renew each year, 10 holidays, full tech setups, and monthly internet stipends. We’re an employee-centric company and working for Firefly means we are invested in your career development and total wellbeing.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to our BambooHR opening. Cover letter is important to us, tell us why you’d like to work for Firefly!