Title: Project Manager
Reports To: Project Management Team Lead
Date: As of December 22, 2021
Salary Range: $65,000K-$70,000 annually with full benefits (DOE)
Summary of the Role
As a Project Manager at Firefly, this individual with serve as a bridge between business and technology for leading nonprofit clients, ensuring that projects meet unique strategic and tactical goals. This role will manage budget, timeline, scope, and deliverables of multiple projects simultaneously with a focus on client satisfaction and collaboration. At Firefly, our project managers serve as the frontline between our project teams and clients, so the ability to build strong interpersonal relationships is an essential component of the job. Project managers work closely with in-house and contractor designers, developers, digital strategists, production specialists, and other subject matter experts, ensuring that what is delivered to clients is of excellent quality. This individual assesses client and team needs and proactively develops effective solutions to meet those needs. The Project Manager leads clients to think strategically, and develops results-oriented project plans to achieve the digital goals and outcomes. This person stays abreast of project management trends that affect nonprofits and applies that knowledge to daily work.
Firefly Partners is a women-owned digital marketing agency delivering tailored digital solutions that help mission-driven organizations achieve their goals. We design beautiful, accessible websites, integrate platforms, and leverage digital tools and marketing strategies to engage every organization’s unique set of supporters. Our commitment to social good is matched by an open, collaborative, and client-first approach. We define needs, design solutions, and deliver results that help organizations reach their goals.
Firefly Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all its forms and aim to create an inclusive culture. Firefly encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, hair texture, or other status protected by law. We are fierce advocates for equity in the workforce, and justice for the underrepresented.
What You’ll Do
- Managing budget, timeline, scope, and deliverables for multiple projects and retainers simultaneously
- Managing changes to client budgets, timelines, and scopes using established Firefly processes with a strong focus on client satisfaction
- Building strong, collaborative relationships with clients and maintains those relationships over time; adapting communication styles and methods to build trust among clients and partners
- Collaborating with designers, developers, digital specialists, production specialists, and other subject matter experts to deliver client deliverables that are of the highest quality
- Proactively recognizing and assessing client and team needs and prepare potential solutions to meet those needs. Where necessary, leading on the documentation and implementation of solutions
- Empowering clients to think strategically, developing results-oriented project plans to achieve their goals in the areas of website design and development, communication, fundraising, events, and other areas of digital marketing
- Staying abreast of project management and digital marketing trends that affect nonprofits and applying that knowledge to daily work; proactively sharing knowledge with other team members
- Work closely with sales, marketing, and account management team members to craft compelling stories that promote Firefly’s work to prospective and current clients.
Who We’re Looking For
- Ability to work efficiently, manage multiple projects with appropriate prioritization, adhere to deadlines, and adapt to evolving circumstances
- Exercises good judgement to seek clarification or take initiative when needed
- Excellent organizational skills, with high accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong people skills, emotional intelligence, and ability to work well with others as well as alone
- Proven ability to discern and communicate client needs
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Enthusiasm, creativity, patience, good judgement, and flexibility in their work
- Ability to work 8:30 to 5pm (40-hours a week) Monday through Friday, with the ability to provide support for urgent situations outside of normal business hours (less than 5% of the time)
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 100% of a typical working day
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident who is able to work legally in the U.S.
The person in this role must consistently demonstrate Firefly’s core values:
- A willingness to do the right thing
- Nailing it – producing high-quality work and client-focused solutions
- Committed to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Your Preferred Background
- At least two or three years of project management experience, preferably at an agency or nonprofit
- Demonstrated ability to establish plans and oversee the execution of project plans within a cross functional team
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience working in nonprofit marketing tools, open-source CMS platforms, or nonprofit database tools
- Similar positions and transferrable skills will be considered in the absence of any of the above criteria
What We Offer
- $65,000-$70,000 annually commensurate with experience
- Fully covered health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with a 4% employer match after 6 months
- Flexible work from home policy
- 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- 11 company holidays per year
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Company provided computer, phone, and required peripherals and software
- Monthly internet stipend
- An annual professional growth stipend
Prior to the pandemic, this position required occasional travel within the U.S.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Please include accommodations requests in your application, or email email@example.com.