Title: Director of Growth
Reports To: CEO
Salary: $100,000- $120,000/year DOE with full benefits
What We Do at Firefly Partners
Firefly Partners is a women-owned digital marketing agency delivering tailored digital solutions that help social impact and progressive organization achieve their goals. We design beautiful websites and use digital tools and marketing strategies to engage every organization’s unique set of supporters. Our commitment to social good is matched by an open, collaborative, and client-first approach. We define needs, design solutions, and deliver results that help organizations reach their goals.
We’re also an employee-first company! Organizational culture, personal growth, professional development are important to us. We want to know how we can light your spark each and every day so that you’re excited to be a Firefly!
Firefly Partners is an equal opportunity employer, but also focused on providing equity. We value diversity in all its forms and aim to create an inclusive culture. Firefly encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, hair texture, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other status protected by law. We are advocates for equity in the workforce, and justice for the underrepresented.
What You’ll Be Doing
Overseeing Both Sales and Marketing
- Working with Marketing to help develop more effective sales tools and lead development strategies. Most of this position's time will be focuses on finding and landing new business.
- Establish effective marketing tactics to increase awareness of the Firefly brand and attract potential clients with specific emphasis in our target markets and to nurture relationships with those clients throughout their journey through the sales cycle and over to account management.
- Ensure effective lead generation and qualification across all lead sources to maximize pipeline size, quality, value, and appropriate fit. Creating and driving the strategies around how to best find and attract new business.
- Lead on the development of sales and marketing goals, develop plans for reaching those goals, and executing on those plans throughout the year.
- Represent Firefly and the Firefly brand at client meetings, sales pitches, and business development events and conferences.
- Be a representative of our progressive voice, and a brand champion for our mission-driven marketing. A passion and understanding of digital accessibility and the need for inclusivity in marketing.
Sales Specific Responsibilities
- Owning, building, and driving the sales function for Firefly Partners
- Keeping the executive team well informed about the size, status and health of the sales pipeline and the associated sales forecast using data driven metrics.
- Working with the Leadership Team to develop incentives, compensation plans and sales budgets each year to motivate the sales team to achieve objectives.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with other functional areas internally at Firefly to ensure a collaborative approach to winning large clients and making them happy.
- Driving the practical evolution of the company’s CRM.
- Hiring additional sales team members.
- Leading, supporting, nurturing, and maturing the sales team, both personally and professionally, such that they are engaged, successful against all sales targets.
- Providing skill development and coaching on all key sales motions including, pipeline building forecasting, sales and presentation skills, reporting, and collaboration with others.
Marketing Specific Responsibilities
- Overseeing the growth and effective operation of the marketing team.
- Working with Sales to develop more effective sales tools and lead development strategies.
- Overseeing the development of all marketing-based sales enablement tools, processes, and training. Hubspot training is a MUST.
- Reporting on the health and status of all marketing initiatives.
- Maintaining the brand identity, progressive voice, friendly tone, and accessible digital presence. You will be driving a marketing engine that relies on your experience in creating accessible and inclusive marketing plans, driven by content.
- You have had 3-5+ years of experience in multiple sales and sales leadership positions where selling services in an agency setting was your primary focus
- You have 3+ years of experience leading a small marketing team including the oversight of direct marketing campaigns
- You have experience selling to nonprofit organizations as well as companies.
- You are self-motivated and have a great attitude.
- You have great communication skills and naturally understand the importance of building workable relationships both internally and externally.
- Listening, being curious, and having an open mind come naturally to you.
- You believe that learning is a lifetime opportunity, and you enjoy it.
- You see opportunities where others see constraints and challenges.
- You own your results, and those of your team, and strive to always improve both.
- You have a proven track record of exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree.
- You want to be a part of growing company where experiencing a sense of purpose in your career is easy.
Your core competencies include the following:
- Willing Communicator
- Collaborative Approach to Work
- Strong Business Acumen
- Detailed Organizational Abilities
- Ability to Analyze Information Accurately
- Hubspot certifications, and a history of tracking sales and marketing metrics in SaaS based tools. A demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit or mission-driven marketing on social media is a requirement.
Your core values align with those of Firefly:
- A willingness to do the right thing
- Nailing it – producing high-quality work and client-focused solutions
- Committed to Justice, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion both in professional and personal life
This position will supervise existing and future hires in both Sales and Marketing, Account Manager, and Marketing Manager position(s).
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones in your home. Our positions are remote, but office space can be made available at our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. As this role requires folks to travel and set up trade shows, limited accessibility support can be provided in the event of a request.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee should be available during the “core” work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Comp and Perks
- Salaried base pay plus healthy bonuses against a realistic quota and the potential for upside.
- Comprehensive benefits including 100% covered premiums to employee health care, dental, vision and additional optional HSA and 401k packages.
- Fully employer-paid short- and long-term disability, and $15,000 Life Insurance policy.
- Work from home
- Mentoring by the Founder and CEO and the opportunity to learn from, and contribute to, the seasoned team around you.
- Have your voice be heard and your impact felt and noticed.
- Opportunity to truly experience doing work that really matters.
Please send resume and cover letter to our BambooHR opening. Cover letter is important to us, tell us why you would like to work for Firefly!